Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Liebster Deja Vu

So, it looks like I've been nominated for another Liebster Award. Considered me flattered and shocked! Especially considering the little blogging hiatus I've taken lately because of school. This time I was nominated by the lovely Lauren over at Life As A Labeth



Basically, I write 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions that Lauren asked, create 11 new questions, and nominate 11 other blogs to receive the award. Considering it's only been 2 months since the last award, I'm going to skip creating questions and nominating others. But, you can head over to this post to see which lovely ladies I nominated back in August, as well as the questions I answered last time.

11 Facts About Me

1. I suffer from migraines. They started back in 10th grade. They suck. But I've learn to accept they are a part of my life. I actually feel one coming on now...probably why it was the first fact that came to mind.

2. I recently lost a fight with a jar of peanut butter. Well, technically, my big toe lost the fight. And really it wasn't much of a fight. It was like a drive by shooting. Jar of peanut butter fell out of grocery bag right on top of toe. I don't think I've let so many profane words slip through my mouth before. I'd share a picture, but I don't want to gross anyone out.

3. I hate shopping for dresses. Especially dresses for Christmas parties. I've got a wedding to attend at the end of this month and the Hubby's company Christmas party two weeks later, and I've got nothing to wear. And last weekend's hunt turned out to be a bust.

4. I'm not registered with either political party. Technically that's called No Party Affiliation. I don't know why that shocks people. I do tend to lean more towards one of the major parties, but I honestly don't like being labeled. I'll chose the candidate who most closely aligns with what direction I want to see our country go in, regardless of the party they represent. The only downside is that Florida is a closed primary state.


5. I never thought of myself as a "cat person" but I'm starting to think I am. We've got two now, which is the limit at our apartment complex. But, that doesn't stop me from oohing and ahhing over the kittens that are up for adoption at the pet store. Dan swears that if I could have, I would have taken all 5 cats we were playing with last weekend.

6. I have the weirdest skin. I seriously start having reactions and I don't know what caused them. And they itch so bad! Even popping Benadryl every couple of hours doesn't help.

7. I was a little blondie growing up. And so was Dan. We both have much darker hair now. My hair was curly. Dan's was straight, but his brother & mother are both on the curly side. My dad is strawberry blonde. All of that to say that I secretly hope at least one of our children will have curly redish hair.

8. I make a mean macaroni & cheese. And I have no shame - I use the blue box kind (or blue bag if we're going fancy and baking it). Mac & cheese is seriously my go-to-food when nothing else sounds good.

9. I still don't get all the hype about iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. The only benefit to the iPad that I've noticed is that it's smaller and lighter than lugging around a laptop. But other than that, I still prefer my laptop computer.

10. I'm swear I'm blind. Though not nearly as bad as my mother. My contact prescription strength is -4.75 & -5.00. Yep, that bad. My mom? -7.50 in both eyes. Plus, she wears reading glasses. I'm sure I'll suffer the same fate.

11. I hate talking about myself. Coming up with these lists are always hard. Without prompting, I never know what to talk about. So sorry if these "facts" seem totally random. But I guess that's the point, huh?


Answers to Lauren's Questions

1. What is your guilty pleasure movie that you could watch 39840 times in a row?
I could probably watch the Harry Potter series on loop and not get tired of it.

2. Did you have the names for your kids picked out before you even knew you were having them? If you don't have kids, do you have names already?
I have names that I like. But I haven't narrowed it down to anything. Even so, almost any name I mention, Dan vetoes. When we finally do have kids, I'm sure it'll be quite the debate.

3. What is your favorite holiday drink/snack?
Considering Halloween was just last week, my favorite would have to be those pumpkins that are kinda like candy corn, but soooo totally different.


4. How addicted are you to Pinterest?
Let's see... I have 59 boards and 5,491 pins. I dunno. I don't think that's too bad, do you?

5. If you could be an animal for a day, what would you be?
As boring as it sounds, some kind of cat. Whether domestic or more exotic. Why? Cause I wouldn't mind all the cat naps throughout the day.

6. What is one irrational fear that you have?
I always worry about my husband when he's driving. He's got a two hour commute to work. And it's not that he's a bad driver, it's the other people on the road that I worry about.

7. What is your favorite blog to stalk read?
Hands down, Young House Love and Bower Power. Sometimes I secretly wish that I was part of their circle. Please tell me I'm not alone in this.

8. Do you feel obligated to match your clothes all the time? Even pajamas?
Um, around the house, not so much. But if I go out in public, yes. I live in a very small county and there is always the possibility of running into a coworker or a student when out and about. Last thing I need is people whispering in the hallways about what Mrs. C was wearing at Wally World over the weekend.

9. If you could have any pet in the world without having to worry about safety or money issues, what would you pick?
I think I'd still go with a cat. Either that or a rabbit. I use to have a rabbit. Ok, maybe rabbit. But cats like to cuddle in your lap and keep your feet warm when you sleep.... nope, its still a cat.



10. What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
Um... that's a tough one. Usually I just go off of recommendations from other people. Then, when I find an author I like, I tend to read all of their books. Some of my favorites are Tom Clancy, Nicholas Sparks, & J.K. Rowling.

11. What is one thing you could never live without?
My husband. Seriously, he is my rock. I don't know what I would do without him.



Thanks again to Lauren for the sweet nomination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...