Saturday, August 11, 2012

Liebster

When I first saw this as the title of Sarah's post, I was intrigued. What the heck does that mean? That can't be English, right? Well, it's not English. It's actually German. I typed the word into a translator and this is what came out:  sweetheart, beloved person, darling, beloved, affectionate, loving, favorite, preferred. What an awesome word!

What is even more awesome is the fact that the word Liebster is tied to an award. A blogging award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. And Sarah over at The Sweetness of Laughter nominated me to recieve the award! Consider me sincerely flattered!


Rules of Liebster
1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves

2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award, which brings me to rule 3

3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post

4. Go to their page and inform them of their nomination

5. Absolutely NO tag backs

6. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers





11 Fun Facts About Me (answers to Sarah's questions)

1. The first blog I read was Young House Love. My best friend's wedding photographer posted a link to YHL a few years ago on her Facebook page, and I've been hooked ever since!

2. My favorite season is probably Fall. I love the break from the Florida heat.

3. The sound of my husband's heartbeat/breathing when I lay my head on his chest has got to be my favorite sound in the world.

4. Favorite high school memories would have to be the numerous afternoons spent hanging on in the parking lot after school.

5. The book I've read the most? Does my history textbook count? I don't even know how many times I've read that thing. Especially considering I'm teaching from the same book I used in high school 7 years ago!

6. My best friend is my husband. But, my best female friend would have to be F, who was my matron of honor. (obviously that's  not her real name...)

7. Never! I would never in a million years agree to go sky diving. I have an immense fear of falling. However, the hubby has always wanted to go sky diving, so one year I surprised him for his birthday with a trip to an indoor sky diving facility. I did do that, and I loved it.

8. I don't think I've ever sang in the shower, but I sing in the car all the time!

9. Ice cream or Froyo? Can I say neither? I'm more of a sherbet girl. Yum!

10. I've never had braces, even though my dentist threatened me with them.

11. Haha! This is an argument I've had many times with people. Toliet paper folded over!


Now, the fun part! I am tagging....

Cassandra at 25 in my 25th
Lindsay at Lindsay's Library
Ashleigh at Made in Morningside
Alyssa at The Bee's Knees
Kim at Typical Kim

Questions for my nominees

1.  Why did you start blogging?
2.  Favorite president, living or dead?
3.  Where's your favorite place to go on a date?
4.  What is your guilty pleasure?
5.  What blogs are on your daily reading list?
6.  Pepsi or Coke?
7.  Cats or dogs?
8.  If you could do something else with your life besides what you currently do, what would it be?
9.  What would you do if you were gifted a million dollars?
10. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
11. Would you rather have super strength or super intelligence?



I'm excited to see everyone's answers! Thanks again to Sarah for the nomination! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and thank you so much for thinking of me :) I'm on the same page as you when it comes to skydiving. It amazes me that so many people do it! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow yayyyy thank you!! I was away from all sort of internet this week and I'm so happy that you passed this along to me! You're the best :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...