Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Blues


Normally Mondays don't bother me. Sure, I hate waking up early on Mondays. But once I'm up and moving, I'm good to go. I always pick on my students about how tired/worn out/sleepy they are on Mondays. Mondays don't phase me.

Except today. Today I am beyond tired. I felt like I was on stage all day in my classroom. My throat is sore from talking so much. I really need to work on creating more "discovery" lessons so I don't have to do all of the information loading... Anyways, today has just been one of those days, you know?

I feel like I've got a headache coming on. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I tried to wear my hair all down & cute with a headband. But still, I hate starting off the week with a headache. Because usually headaches turn into migraines. And then I'm down for the rest of the night.

Not to mention my body is sore. And I have no idea why. It's like someone decided to use my legs as punching bags last night. Maybe I can convince the hubby to give me a massage?? Yeah, right. It's Monday - he's been moving boxes all day. His body is probably worse off than mine right now.

I hate to sound like such a Debbie Downer. But today has really gotten to me. When I came across that image on Pinterest I thought it described what I'm feeling/thinking perfectly and I wanted to share. (sorry, I wish I had the original source to the image above, but whoever pinned it before me didn't link to it....one of my pet peeves...)

See, tomorrow, Tuesday, is our first anniversary. So I'm definitely looking forward to a dinner date tomorrow night with the hubby.

And then Friday.... well, let's just say it has turned into a movie day in the classroom thanks to a lovely half-day meeting that I was just made aware of 2 hours ago. And then, a week long vacation! I cannot wait for the mental break from school. I just wish Dan were off all week too. I guess that's what happens when teachers marry people who aren't teachers, huh?


Anyways. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is except to share a quote that really rang true for me today.

Anyone else out there having a crummy Monday? Or maybe you're looking forward to the Thanksgiving holidays as much as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...