Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ready for Vacation

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been working a lot this summer. I feel like I haven't really had "down time" since school ended. In the month of June I spent two weeks going to workshops that were school related (you can see a beautiful sunset from my first out-of-town workshop here). Another week I helped my sister out by babysitting my niece and nephew. Here they are chilling with Cruz on the living room floor of the apartment:



Then, as you already know, for the month of July I went back to my old college job. I failed to mention that my old college job was at a doctor's office. What do I do there? Well, a little bit of everything. Filing back charts in the medical records department, preparing charts for patients who are due to come in for appointments, schedule appointments, and answer the phones.

So I haven't really gone anywhere special this summer. Not even the beach! Can you believe that? I live in Florida, and I haven't even been to the beach yet this summer. I blame it on the afternoon rain storms!

I shouldn't really complain too much - the fiance and I will be taking a nice long honeymoon in November (more on that later). But sometimes you just need a break. So, I'm really happy that later this week we'll be taking a day trip to a common tourist spot in Orlando. Wanna take a guess??


Yep! We're going to Sea World! The fiance's brother, wife, & nephew wanted to go, and invited us to come along. I'll be sure to post later about all of our adventures. Right now there is a 40% chance of rain that day...so cross your fingers it doesn't come until much later on!

Anyone else have anything fun planned during these last couple of weeks of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...