Sunday, July 24, 2011

On The Road Again...



Since my last post, all I feel like I've been doing is spending time either driving or riding in a car - and living out of a duffle bag and/or suitcase. For the month of July, since I'm not obligated to do anything school related, I decided to go back to my old college job to earn some extra cash. But that job is in Orlando - an hour and a half away from the apartment. So, I've been staying at my parents' house a lot to avoid the daily back & forth.

However, since my stepdad is allergic to cats, I can't really bring them along with me. As much as I hate leaving them for extended periods of time, for the most part they seem to do okay. But, they can only go so long without having their water bowl refilled or the liter box emptied, so mid-week I have to come back to the apartment and replenish everything. Before anyone goes crazy and calls the animal police on me, the cats are never left alone for more than 48 hours. We leave out extra food & extra water for them, and whenever we get home, there is still plenty of food & water left. With that said, it still doesn't stop them from trying to come back to Orlando with me...




This will be my last week at my summer job. And boy let me tell you, I am counting down the days! Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that they let me come back to work considering I would only be there for a month. And I know that I am lucky to have a summer job considering there are so many around the country who are unemployed. But sometimes I have to ask myself why I voluntarily signed up for the stress that is associated with the job...

Some of the pros of a summer job: (1) extra money that we're planning on putting towards the wedding, (2) gives me something to do during the day instead of sitting around playing on the computer or watching t.v., (3) allows me to catch up with old work friends, (4) I get to spend more time during the week with my parents, (5) I get to see the fiance more often during the week, and (6) there are some pretty awesome sunsets while driving on the interstate.



Some of the cons: (1) using a lot of gas to travel back and forth the city, (2) I think Cruz is starting to experience a little separation anxiety, (3) sometimes the stress of work isn't worth it, (4) I haven't really been able to have a summer vacation.

So, will I take a summer job next year? This is something the fiance & I have been talking about here and there. Right now, I think we've decided on no summer job next year unless we are desperately in need of extra cash (it would definitely help us pay off our debt snowball quicker). But I guess only time will tell.

Anyone else out there take on a summer job? Or maybe you've had to take on a second job to make a little extra dough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...