Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday's Letters




Dear bird, I don't think the dolphin appreciated you stealing its fish. Dear Hubby, I'm sorry I was cranky while we were both trying to figure out how to hang a curtain rod for the first time. Dear curtains, thank you for keeping the sun out of our eyes on the mornings we want to sleep in. This may pose a problem though once school starts back up and I actually have to wake up at a normal hour. Dear restaurant-that-will-not-be-named, the hair in my food really grossed me out. However, I'm impressed by how well it was handled by both the servers and the manager. Oh, and my table really appreciated the apology complimentary dessert. Dear Hubby, I loved our late night conversation the other night; it's been a while since we sat up late and just talked. Dear golf cart trails, you looked like the perfect route for a bike ride. Instead, you and your under-the-road-tunnels seriously kicked my you-know-what. Dear Hunger Games, you turned out to be a better book than I thought. Still not sure if I buy into all the hype (still think Harry Potter is better - sorry!!), but at least now I'll know what my students are talking about. Dear Summer, where did you go? Dear classroom, I'm really looking forward to some of the projects I have in mind to make you look pretty & functional - crossing my fingers that I can get it all done in time!



P.S. I had to share this really funny comment the Hubby made the other night. I was sitting on the couch reading the Hunger Games, and he leaned over the back of the couch to give me a kiss. I decide one kiss isn't enough, and pull him closer for another one. He looks at me and says, "Is that 50 Shades under that cover?" I seriously could not stop laughing! Maybe it was a had-to-be-there moment, but I couldn't resist sharing.

P.S.#2 I should probably share the fact that I refuse to read 50 Shades of Grey for many personal reasons. And they're the same reasons I won't be going out to see Magic Mike. I've talked about these things many times with the Hubby, especially since many of his coworkers are currently reading 50 Shades. Maybe this is why I think the above comment was so funny to both of us.

P.S.#3 I know... I'm going a little crazy with the P.S.'s today. But, I just had to share a little story about today's picture. The little boy in the picture is the son of our friends. He was a premature triplet! He and his identical twin sisters were in the ICU for months. One of his sisters had to undergo open heart surgery about a year ago. We all praise God that they are all thriving now and are currently going through the terrible terrific two's! (The image was edited by a friend of ours from the Hubby's former church - the same friend who made our wedding cake.)





Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha "is that 50 shades under the cover" that's too funny. I get sooo grossed if I find hair in my food at a restaurant. Yuk. Free dessert isn't bad though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really hard not to complain when I'm at a restaurant when they mess things up. Usually Dan speaks up on my behalf. But a hair? No way I was keeping my mouth shut. But the chocolate cake & ice cream dessert was definitely delicious! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a crazy week! I hope you have a relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you, but I like you just from this post. :) Glad I found you on the Friday's Letters site. and I doubt I'll ready 50 Shades either. Maybe my reasons match yours, but hearing someone else not get all excited about makes for a refreshing break. :)

    Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've met few people who share my feelings about 50 Shades, so I'm glad to hear there's someone who won't be reading it either. I feel like there are so many other great books out there :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...