Monday, July 30, 2012

Flashback

This week I'm back in the classroom getting things ready for the upcoming school year. Officially, I don't have to be back until Thursday, but I've got a ton of things to get done, so I'm heading back early to hopefully get a decent head start. The kiddos will be back next Thursday, and my fingers are crossed that I'll have everything done that I need to before they return.

Anyhoo, I was browsing through some of our old photos that are stored on our computer and came across this one from 2005....


Yep, that's the Hubby and me at our Senior Homecoming Dance. Don't ask me why I chose to wear orange. Honestly, I grabbed the dress as a joke to make my mom freak out. But when I walked out of the dressing room, we both loved it!

Although I was technically 17 at the time this picture was taken, I thought I'd go ahead and take the time to answer yet another Thirty Things question:


Seemed fitting, right? I should probably mention that Dan and I weren't dating until our senior year. We had only just met each other in junior year, when I was 16. So here it goes...

  1. Try to find a sport or activity that you love to do. Since you're not playing softball anymore, you're not going to want to be as active, and later it's going to bite you in the butt.
  2. Quit worrying about your weight. You are healthy and beautiful.
  3. Remember how you told mom that you didn't care what kind of car she got you for your first car as long as it wasn't a "puzzle" car? (Basically a car that's been through a wreck and has "new" parts in multiple colors.) Well, she didn't get you a puzzle car. But, she got you a purple tank.
  4. Pay attention in your history class! It's going to come in handy a few years down the road, both in college and in your career.
  5. You know that guy in your History class? The one that you talk to outside while waiting for Mr. Russell to come back from the bathroom? Yeah, him. This time next year you'll be dating him. And you two will eventually get married. Sure, there will be a time or two when things will seem impossible and the two of you have to walk away from each other for a little while, but you'll find your way back.
  6. When you go prom dress shopping with Granny next year, you're going to get frustrated with her. She's going to get on your last nerve. You'll have a near breakdown in the changing room. But savor every moment of it and try to make the best of it. Trust me. You're going to look back on this day when you're trying on your wedding dress.
  7. Quit making fun of mom for not remembering French or Math. You're not going to remember them eitehr once you're out of high school. And you're future students will remind you of that fact - quite often.
  8. Start saving money now! Google 'Dave Ramsey' and listen to what he has to say. It will save you from paying "stupid tax" later on in life.
  9. Stop taking so many pictures of everyone else, and get in front of the camera. You're going to regret not having your own memories of high school.
  10. Try new foods. Trust me, I know how hard it is. But the sooner you start trying new things, the sooner you'll learn to expand your taste buds.


I think this sums it up pretty well...



It's crazy to think that I'll be turning 24 this Saturday! Although at times I wish I could go back and change certain things about my life, I know that ultimately, I'm happy with where I've ended up. That's not to say that there aren't things that I could and wish I could improve on, but overall I think I've been pretty blessed.


So now it's your turn. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your sixteen year old self?


2 comments:

  1. Haha 'a purple tank' I'd lo e to see a picture of that! Love the orange dress. Its so fun to look back at old photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see if I can find pictures of my first car. It was a purple Olds '88. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...