Thursday, July 26, 2012

Scary


#2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

So I almost didn't write this post. I honestly thought about lying and telling you I was afraid of things like spiders and snakes. But I realize that that isn't the point of this challenge. The point is to open up and be a little more transparent. I think too that so many bloggers only post the "pretty" stuff online, and sometimes you have to post the "real" stuff too. So here it goes...




Death
I think it's common for people to worry about death. And a part of me thinks it's a healthy thing because it makes you cherish the time that you have and not take things for granted. But its not just my own death that I fear. I also fear the death of my loved ones. Even the death of my cats. The idea of them being in pain and then me being alone... I try not to dwell on it, but sometimes those thoughts creep in. I think this fear started to manifest itself more because of all the crime solving shows I watch.

Falling
Compared to the first fear, this one seems silly. But I seriously hate the feeling of falling. Falling dreams are my nightmares. Even being threatened by the hubby to be thrown off the bed or couch sets off my anxiety about falling - and that's only a couple of feet. I'm pretty sure it all started in 2nd grade on a family trip to Disney. My older cousin convinced his mom (my aunt) and me to go on Tower of Terror. He told us it was a haunted house. I believed him. Needless to say, because of that experience, I refuse to go on rides that I can't see without some major convincing. It's because of that ride that I hate the feeling of falling. 

Being a Parent
Being responsible for the life of someone else is a big deal. Even though I'm an aunt to many kids, I teach teenagers, and my friends are all starting to have kids, I still don't think it has totally prepared me to be a mom. It's one thing to take care of them and be able to return them to their parents at the end of the day or weekend, but when they're your own kids, you can't do that. They are there to stay. I think I'm also afraid of the unknown world of pregnancy. Sure I've read a ton, and I've heard many stories from friends and family, but I know its just one of those things you have to experience in order to fully undertand it. Dan and I have talked about starting a family in the near future, so I'm sure the more we talk, the more nervous I'll be until it actually happens.



What are you afraid of?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...