Friday, March 16, 2012

Cats Meow: Boxes

I don't know when it happened, but we became one of those people. The kind of people that take way too many pictures of their pets. But I figured, what the hay, if I am going to be one of those people, then I might as well share these pictures rather than keep them all to myself. Thus the creation of the Cats Meow!

Tonight I figured I'd share all the pictures of our cats and their antics with boxes.

But first, let me introduce our cats. The older, fluffier one with a stub for a tail is Periwinkle, aka "Pretty Girl." She's a stray that I like to say adopted me back when I lived with my parents. We have no clue what her real age is, but I'd guess around 7 or 8 years old. The younger, skinnier one with an actual tail is Cruz, aka "Little Man." We adopted him from a local pet store a few months after I moved out of my parents house.

And now for pictures and commentary...

This was at our old apartment. I don't remember why the ramen was out on the floor... but Periwinkle perched herself up there, and wasn't moving. Didn't seem to happy to be having her picture taken either, huh?

This was a common site at the old place. There was never room in our pantry for the case of soda. Pretty Girl claimed it as her spot. 

I must clarify - we are not big into drinking. Yes, we have plenty of alcohol in our apartment. The last time either of us actually touched it? Probably not since New Years. Before that? I honestly can't remember. But, when we do buy alcohol, we buy it in bulk and it lasts us a good long while. Cruz doesn't seem to mind though because it gives him another place to investigate. 

This was a Christmas gift for my mom two years ago. If you leave a box out, Pretty Girl will find it and claim it as hers. I'm surprised she sat still long enough for me to put, not one, but two different colored bows on her head to take a picture for my mom.

Funny story - when I talk to the cats about my mom I refer to her as "grandma." Call me crazy, I don't care. But it was actually my stepdad that started it. One day he started referring to Periwinkle as his "grandcat." I guess he realized that the cats are the closest thing they are going to get to grandchildren from me for a while (even though they already have 11 grandchildren), and decided to embrace it? So now, I call them Grandma and Grandpa when I talk to the cats. And they both get Christmas, birthday, and mother/fathers day cards from the grandcats. Ok, so maybe I am crazy...

Most of the time, Periwinkle has to settle for the shoe box that I've been hoarding for years (it had magazine clippings of ideas for my wedding). 

 But it didn't take long for her to upgrade. This time it was a Father's Day gift for my stepdad.

Sometimes, she's nice enough to let Cruz have a turn with a box. 

This is the box that our wedding album came in. You can see those photos here, here, here, here, and here.

He spent quite a lot of time trying to squeeze himself into this box...

Here's a glimpse of our messy guest bedroom closet.

These photos are only the tip of the iceberg. To begin with, these posts will probably have quite a few photos attached to them, but as I empty out my camera, I'll only have a couple here and there to share.

Anybody else out there one of those people who take more than just a couple pictures of your pets? Or are the hubby and I the only ones out there that does this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...