Monday, November 28, 2011

Update & Quiz

Hello all! The hubby & I are recuperating from our honeymoon cruise today. I know, I know... you're probably wondering how much recouping do we really need after a week in paradise. We still have to unpack everything & do a ton of laundry. Also, I'm trying to figure out why sometimes it still feels like I'm walking on a ship when I know I'm on solid land. I'm telling you, if you've never experienced this, it is the weirdest thing ever! As we all know, I'm horrible about predicting when, but I will try to post sometime in the near future pictures from the trip. Transferring them from our camera to our computer is another thing on our to-do list (along with writing a ton of thank you cards!).

Anyhoo, this would be a really boring  post if all I did was tell you I was home and tired, huh? Well, I'm spending some time catching up on some of my favorite blogs today and saw a post from YHL about a design style quiz from Nate Berkus (click here to check out John & Sherry's results). So I thought what the hay, I can take a quick 5 question quiz.

Now, I can't say that I've jumped on the Nate Berkus bandwagon like many of the bloggers I read have. Don't get me wrong, the guy is brilliant in the world of design! And that's probably an understatement of his abilities. But I guess since I don't watch his show all the time (no DVR and work during the day), I'm not as enamored with him as all of his fans are. I'm sure come summer vacation when I'm home everyday and plopped on the couch in front of the t.v. this attitude might change, but for now, I look at his work as more inspiration, much like I look at the inspiration on blogs and magazines.

Getting back the the quiz... Like I said, it's only 5 questions. I was a little skeptical about it since it was such a short quiz. Really, how much can you figure out about my style after 5 questions? But, I must admit, this quiz pretty described how I feel my design personality is to a tee. These were my results:


I find it interesting that my results were identical to Sherry's. Granted, I don't think I could make the same bold color choices that they have made in their home, but I can't deny that I don't love the clean lines, yet comfortable and welcoming feeling of their home.

Honestly, I think if you were to walk into our apartment today and look around, you would not get the modern/vintage impression. It would feel a little more like college dorm room, but taken up a notch. Our place has a lot of mis-matched furniture; pretty much everything is either a hand-me-down or a yard sale/thrift store find. The only pieces I think we've actually purchased are the bed (which I've had since high school & will be replaced in the next couple of weeks - new bed is on order!!), the bed, the bed.... really, that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty grateful to all of our family and friends that have given us stuff to make our place feel more like a home. But now I'm hoping to make it feel more like "us" rather than just other people's stuff. And little design quizzes like this one help me to narrow down my design asthetic so I can make choices a little easier when I'm out browsing and shopping.

If you're interested in taking the quiz and figuring out (or confirming, whatever floats your boat) your design personality, head on over to Nate's site and check it out. I'd love to know what you're results were!

(By the way, Nate Berkus, nor probably the Youngsters, know who I am or about this little blog. I wasn't asked, paid, or perked to take the quiz and blog about it. I simply thought it would be fun to take and share.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...