Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Beginnings

So it's official! It's officially over! It's officially done! My name has officially changed! Well... not according to my social security card or drivers license, but you get the picture... We're officially hitched!!

Right now I'm really busy trying to get caught up on grading and lesson planning, but I wanted to stop by and share the good news. And what makes good news better? A couple of pictures!

We'll start off with the boys. That's the hubby (weird not calling him the fiance anymore), the hubby's brother, and two of his childhood friends. I think it's really cool that all of them are Eagle Scouts and have stayed friends for so long.


Once the little boys made it down the aisle the big boys had to help them turn the sign around (inspiration for the sign from here).



Can I just say that there were one too many cameras and cell phones pointed me way as my dad walked me down the aisle!



 I don't remember what was so funny... it was probably when our former youth pastor was poking fun at the hubby for having really sweaty hands.


This one is priceless! I love the expressions on our pastor & matron of honor's faces. My now father-in-law had an air horn hidden in his pocket and when we started kissing the air horn blew! That, and our pastor said something about for every second the kiss lasted, that meant that many years of a happy marriage - and Dan was taking him seriously!


The new Mr. & Mrs. :)



The reception, cake, & getaway car!





All of the pictures were taken by my new mother-in-law. I promise to come back with a post that has some of our professional pictures once they come through. Also, I don't have time now, but I'll come back in a later post with details on our venue, photographer, cake baker, and all the other nitty-gritty details.

Words cannot express how happy we both are to finally be married! It's been 6 years in the making. And now that all the stress of planning is over, we're both really looking forward to kicking off this new chapter in our life with our honeymoon cruise! So please excuse my absence over the next week or two - I'll be sailing in the Caribbean and this blog will be the last thing on my mind!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...