Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday's Letters


Today's posting is a little late getting up on the blog. I totally forgot to write it up last night before going to bed, and I've been stuck all day in a workshop. But, it's always better late than never, right?

Dear Hubby, remember that I support you no matter what you choose to do and I will be by your side through it all, no matter what. Dear mom, thanks for coming out and helping me with my classroom paint project. I seriously don't think I could have finished it without your help. Dear Gymnastic Rule-Makers, come on. I can't be the only one who thinks its silly that only 2 girls from each country qualify for all-around competition. Especially when the girl who came in 3rd for the US placed fourth overall! Dear news reporters, the girl is only 17 and just found out that her Olympic dream had been crushed. Give her some time to process. Get the camera out of her face! Dear Missy Franklin, your personality is AMAZING! Congrats on your medals. And the youtube video was hilarious! Dear colleagues, it was great to catch up with you after a long short summer. But, I really must stop gossiping and work in my classroom. Dear everyone, can we all move past this whole Chick-fil-a thing? The dude has a first 1st amendment right (says the History teacher) to express his beliefs. If he's not imposing it on anyone, what does it matter? It's okay to not agree with everyone you meet. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Hence the 1st amendment. Quit getting your panties in a wad, grow up, and move on.


I thought I'd leave you with this quote that I say someone post of Facebook because I think it's pretty fitting with everything that has been going on lately...

" Our culture has accepted two huge lies: the first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle you must fear or hate them. The second is to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."  --Rick Warren

Have a good weekend everyone!!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. love that verse

    have a great Sunday! drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post to land on on a sunday! I need to remember to love more and forgive easier!

    my GFC has been acting up, but it let me follow you through GFC using my twitter... who knew you could do that?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...