Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Weekend Adventures: Summer First

The first weekend of summer vacation was filled with lots of activity!

Friday, after our school's end-of-the-year luncheon, Dan and I headed into Orlando to surprise my mom for her birthday. My stepdad and a friend of my mom's had been scheming for weeks to throw her a surprise party at the VFW. She had no idea!


Saturday, Dan had to go to work, so I drove back to Orlando to spend the day shopping with mom. Just as I was pulling into her driveway, she sent me a text wanting to know if I wanted to go canoeing with my aunt and uncle. Wasn't exactly dressed to spend the afternoon on the water.... jeans aren't ideal for being out in the Florida sun! But, it was just another excuse to go shopping.





Sunday, my best friend came over with her two kids. Her husband had some stuff to do around their house to get it ready to put on the market (they're moving to Texas at the end of summer), so we used it as our excuse to take the kids to the pool.



Overall, it was a great way to kick off the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...