Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Adventures: Family Time

If you couldn't tell by the title, we spent the large majority of this weekend with our family. I tried my best to capture the weekend with my cell phone and my new obsession Instagram (hence why most of the following pictures will include the hubby and not me).

Thursday and Friday of last week were my first official days of summer vacation. And I was bored out of my mind! When the only thing to keep you occupied all day is pinterest and chores.... you'd probably get bored too. Luckily I had a buddy to help with folding and putting away laundry.



We went into Orlando on Saturday to spend the day with my mom to celebrate her birthday, which was actually last Tuesday. We spent most of our time shopping. After ordering pizza for lunch and spending some time with my parents, we went over to my in-laws to say hi and hang out for a little bit. Dan's mom gave us a box of old school projects, Boy Scout stuff, and school pictures to sort through and take home with us. While she was creating the box, she came across this guy...


Yep, an old school recorder. You can imagine the both of us trying to remember how to play the thing and hurting every one's ears in the process.

Later on our friend Jay came over and we decided it was the perfect time to go for a walk....in the hot, humid, muggy weather Florida is well known for. How do you make the hot, humid, muggy weather more bearable?


Why, walk a couple miles to the nearest Starbucks and get a nice cold drink to cool you off, of course. This was seriously a treat. The hubby and I rarely go to Starbucks because we refuse to pay the outrageous prices for their drinks. But, recently we were given a gift card and we've been looking for the perfect opportunity to use it. In case you're wondering, since I'm not a coffee drinker, I always order the Strawberries and Creme Frap, minus the whip creme.

And how do you top off a trip to Starbucks?


Why, scooter racing in the Wal-Mart parking lot, of course. My husband can be so silly sometimes. But that's one of the many reasons I love him. He says he was doing a favor for Wal-Mart by returning the cart from the back of the parking lot to the store. And of course there would be a second scooter not too far down the way, which gave the boys the perfect excuse to have a race. Yeah, we were those people for a few minutes.

Sunday, after grocery shopping we went over to the hubby's oldest brother's house to see if the hubby fix could help their TV which was recently zapped by lightning.



Even though the TV wasn't fixed, we stayed for most of the afternoon and played around with our nephew (you might remember him from our trip to Sea World).



He's becoming more and more interested in sports ever since our trip to Tropicana Field.

Overall, our weekend was pretty typical. Nothing crazy. Nothing exciting. Sometimes its nice to just relax and hang out with the people you love.

Anyone else out there becoming obsessed with Instagram?? One of these days I'll make my own fancy button for my sidebar, but until then, my user name is HannahCo11. I'll warn you though, most of my pictures are of the hubby or our cats and are pretty random/pointless. But I guess that's the beauty of Instagram - to take pictures of your everyday and ordinary, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...