Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cats Meow: Mustache Mayhem

As I mentioned before, I was recently a bridesmaid in a friends wedding. Since I was one of the few local bridal party members, I was given quite a few honey-dos by the bride to complete for her wedding day. I didn't mind, because she did tons for my wedding; I was just returning the favor. 

Anyways, one of my tasks was to figure out how to create mustaches-on-a-stick for a photobooth. You know you've seen them around on pinterest and etsy.



Well, the bride found some old stick-on costume mustaches in an old storage locker, and wanted me to see what I could do with them. I was glad to have a pre-made template of sorts to work with. I glued them to some black card stock using rubber cement, cut around the outlines, then used a combination of rubber cement and scotch tape to secure the sticks to the back. I personally think they came out much better than the standard card stock version.

You know the hubby and I just had to have some fun playing around with them before we handed them over to the bride, right? And what better models than our two cats!




Even though these mustaches were never actually used at the wedding, they were definitely a blast at the bachelorette party. Unfortunately, I don't think those who went would appreciate photos from the evening being shared with the blogosphere. But I'll let your imagination run.

Anyone else out there create fun props for a photobooth? Or maybe you crafted something with the best of intentions, and then never ended up using it? Or maybe you are like me and the hubby and like taking pictures of your pets with funny props? Come on, we can't be the only ones!

1 comment:

  1. OH what fun! I love the mustaches on the cat. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...