Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Post!

This is so exciting! For the last year or so I've been playing around with the idea of starting my own blog. Why? Well, mainly I wanted an outlet for all the things that pop into my head throughout the day. But I was afraid of putting myself "out there" for all the world to read about. Finally I decided to bring up the idea to my fiance (who is amazing by the way!) and his response was, "I wondered when you were going to think about starting one." So, with him on board, I decided it was time to join the world of blogging.

One of the first things I had to figure out though was what I wanted to blog about. There are so many amazing blogs out there covering such a vast amount of topics. Should I blog about getting married and being newlyweds? Should I blog about my profession (by the way, I'm a high school teacher)? Should I blog about my adventures in decorating? Should I blog about my cats? I was afraid that if I chose one particular topic I'd get bored with it in a few months. So, I figured, why not blog about all of them? This way I'm not limited on what I need to blog about, and rather focus on what I want to blog about. So it was settled! A blog about the mundane & crazy things that happen in my life. :)

So this is it - a blog about planning a wedding, living on a tight budget, raising two cats, living on my own for the first time, dealing with a long distance engagement, being a first-year teacher, and anything else that inspires me to write. I can't promise that it'll be interesting, but I can promise that it will be real and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...