Sunday, October 23, 2011

Never Too Late

This is a post I should have written a long time ago. But as I've mentioned before, I've been a little busy, so I write whenever I have a little bit of down time and need to take my mind off of all the wedding & school chaos.

A while ago I came across this cute little blog, Oopsey Daisy, which is written by Alison, the self-proclaimed queen of oopsey daisies. At this point I'm not even sure I remember how I stumbled across it. Probably through a series of links that all started with Pinterest. Regardless, as I was looking around on her blog, I came across her weekly giveaway which featured these amazing necklaces from Tinker B Boutique (which by the way is owned by Melanie from Reasons to Skip the Housework).

She creates pendants using Scrabble pieces. That's right, Scrabble pieces! Like this adorable pumpkin pendant that would be the perfect addition to any outfit this fall.


Now I have entered quite a few blog contests, and I have never won anything. But, against the odds, somehow my name was chosen and I became the lucky recipient of two pendants. The hardest part: narrowing down which ones I wanted! Eventually I managed to narrow it down to two of them. The first is the Pink & Brown Zebra Alpha Letter pendant.


I thought this was so cute! And, it gave me an excuse to purchase something with the initial of my new last name. :)

The second piece I chose was a breast cancer awareness pendant. I couldn't find a link to it on Melanie's etsy shop. However, from this page, you can see it in the bottom right corner.


Here they both are on my bathroom counter.


I love them both! Right now I've been wearing the Hope necklace, being that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and all. I don't feel like I can wear the initial necklace quite yet - not until after the wedding (which is only 3 weeks away!!). But who knows, maybe I'll wear it to the wedding showers or something. :)

Anyhoo, I wanted to take the time and thank both Alison, for hosting the giveaway, and Melanie, for creating these amazing gems. I figured its better late than never when it comes to saying "Thank You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...