Thursday, July 31, 2014

Last Day

Today is the last day of summer vacation. Well, the last day for teachers in my county, anyways. The students still have a few more days to sleep in. And our neighboring counties all have a couple weeks left (we go back pretty early).

How am I spending my last day of summer? Why, in my classroom of course! I've already been by the school every day this week: twice to work in my room and once just to drop off some paperwork. Even though we get a few days of pre-planning before the kiddos show up, I don't always feel like its enough time to get everything ready for that first day of school.


This year will be my 5th year teaching. It's crazy to think that I'm not a "newbie" anymore. But I don't quite feel like a "veteran" yet. I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing some days. But I'm looking forward to the upcoming school year.

The curriculum for my AP course has gotten a total face lift, so that should keep me on my toes in the Spring. I went to a summer institute in Tampa last week so I could learn all about the new changes. I'm hopeful that it will mean diving into history more and less about simply memorizing facts.


Between three sections of APUSH and being junior class sponsor again this year, I'm sure my plate will be full. As if I wasn't sporadic enough with my blogging throughout the summer, I'm sure it will be worse once the tardy bell rings. History has confirmed this. This is me warning you apologizing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...