Monday, March 5, 2012

Hopeful

Today, I am whipped. I am so tired. All I want to do is crawl into bed, prop my feet up, and watch television until I fall asleep. I don't even want to think about the ever growing pile of work that is sitting at my dining room table waiting on me to grade. But, it's worth it.

Why?

I worked a 12 hour day at work today.

Again, you ask why?

To help promote our school's budding AP program. And I was absolutely amazed at the parent/student turnout! The other AP teachers and I really pushed our administration into inviting this year's sophomores to the event to give them more info about our program and to promote all the good reasons why they should take AP courses (and to debunk some of the horror stories they've heard from other students). And I'm so glad we did! Our cafeterias was more than half way full - which is saying A LOT for our school.

It definitely gives me hope that there are not only parents, but students who are taking education seriously and taking it into their own hands rather than expecting it to be simply given to them.

It also gives me hope that what we're doing in our program is working and that all the crap hard work that I go through each Spring is all worth it in the end. To see and talk to my former students and to hear that my class has helped them prepare for college is definitely the motivation I needed tonight to help me get through the rest of the semester. That and the fact that Spring Break is next week.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...