Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Weekend Adventures: Putt Putt

Last weekend we got to spend some time with our nephew. He said he wanted to go putt putt golfing, so that's what we did. 

Of course, before you can actually play a round of golf, you have to stop and look at the alligators.



Our nephew, we'll call him T, really wanted one of us to hold a live alligator. By "one of us" he meant anybody except him. We opted not to hold the baby gators this time around, but I did buy some fish food for him to feed the koi fish next to the gators.

Once we got onto the course, there was a little bit of a learning curve for T. Uncle Danny should him how to hold the club and hit the ball. In the end, T chose what we call the "shovel" method for moving the ball around. Overall, I'd say it was a success! We only had to fish the ball out of the water once (and luckily mom was smart and sneaked an extra ball just in case!).



After putt putt, we grabbed some pizza and then headed back to our sister-in-law's place to play some video games. The boys took it a little too seriously if you ask me. I'm not kidding. Check out Dan's "concentration face!"

Hehe! He'll probably kill me for sharing that on here. But I figured if I already posted it on Instagram, the blog wouldn't hurt either :)

Before we left, we played a round of Apples to Apples. Only in this version the red cards are pictures rather than nouns. Although I liked the fact that it made it easier for our nephew to play, some of the pictures were just out there in left field.



Overall it was a great day! I'm glad we took the time to go and see T and his mom - its not something we get to do all that often. I think we've decided that next time we all get together that we're heading to a bowling alley. No more Wii Bowling. It's time for the real thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...