Monday, March 17, 2014

Under Construction

Can you see what's wrong with the picture below?


Beautiful sunset, right?

Too bad it's being ruined by the sights and smells of smoke.....

This is the new view from our balcony. There use to be this huge field full of trees and tall grass behind our apartment complex. But now, most of the trees have been taken down and the grass has been replaced by dirt. Every morning for the past couple of weeks when I've left for work, there have been huge construction vehicles getting ready to do their thing.

It's sad really.

I'm told that they are planning on putting up a subdivision behind the complex. And, to make matters worse, they've cleared the land in front of the complex between it and the highway to start construction on a mini strip mall. And, the land beside the complex is for sale too - so I'm sure that will be under construction soon.



The one thing I am happy about is the fact that the large tree you see in the pictures has been spared. And I'm sure it's only due to the fact that it's on the complex's side of the property line.

This is just one more reason why I can't wait to find our first home and move out.... with that said, we are making progress, but I don't want to jinx anything. I'll share more on our house hunting another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...