Thursday, June 23, 2011

Addicted

Source: Pinterest

First it was Myspace. Then it was Facebook. Then it was blogs. But, now, I'm officially addicted to Pinterest. Whenever I am bored, I immediately grab the laptop and go onto the site and start pinning away. I think sometimes the fiance gets a little annoyed by my new addiction, but I just can't help myself!

For those of you who don't know what Pinterest is, don't worry. I've only recently found it after hearing recommendations from two of the blogs I frequent (YoungHouseLove and BowerPower). Are you one of those people that looks through magazines and books and rips out pictures that inspire you? Or maybe you tear out recipe card inserts? I was one of those people that ripped things out and then tacked them onto a bulletin board in my bedroom. Well, Pinterest is like a virtual bulletin board; when you see things online that you like, but  you don't want to take up hard drive space by saving it directly on your computer, you can "pin" it to your board online and it'll be there when you need it.




This site has so much inspiration on it. If you're looking for home inspiration, it's got it. Recipes? They're on there too. Wedding, photography, DIY projects...pretty much anything you can find on the Internet can be found on there. Granted, it's a little frustrating when you click on a pin hoping to get to the site with the original directions or recipes and end up on a random site that simply referenced it or stole the picture. But, then again, I don't exactly make sure that the repinning that I do links to the original links, so I guess I can't complain too much. I'm not all savvy when it comes to following others and tagging pictures to link to particular keywords. Pretty much all I do is pin & repin when I find things that I like.

Anyways, to sign up, you have to request and account. It takes a couple of days for the e-mail to arrive in your inbox, but once you've signed up, you're free to start pinning! If you want to follow my boards, here's a direct link to my page.

Any of you have a Pinterest account? Leave me a comment with a link to your boards. I'd love to follow you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...