Monday, July 29, 2013

Another Summer Gone


Today's my last day of summer. Tonight is the school's annual back-to-school dinner. And tomorrow it's back to faculty meetings and lesson planning. Luckily, I have my classroom ready to go and the first two weeks of lesson planning done for one of my two preps. Even though I've managed to accomplish quite a bit before the first day back, my to-do list is still pretty daunting. 


Every year (or at least for the past 3 years I've been teaching) in one of our early faculty meetings, our principal tells us that if we aren't excited about the first day of school and meeting our new batch of students, we might need to start rethinking our career choice. And he's right. After having the summer off (for the most part) and planning out all the changes for the upcoming year, I don't know what teacher wouldn't be excited about the new year. Sure, after a little while that excitement wears off and teachers are looking forward to the holiday breaks. But ultimately it comes down to doing something that you love to do.

So, although I'm not looking forward to waking up early tomorrow or a week of faculty meetings, I can't wait to see what the year holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...