Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Random Musings

The urge to write struck me today, so I sat down and decided to write what popped into my head. Nothing specific. Nothing crazy interesting. Just my random thoughts.


Powderpuff is approaching quickly. Find a t-shirt design that pleases very picky and opinionated teenagers. Check. Make sure all students have insurance so they can practice. Getting there. Schedule a practice date that works for the team. Practically impossible. Remember to put camping chair in car so I have somewhere to sit while I babysit cellphones and drinks supervise practice. Check. This is the one duty of being junior class sponsor I could live without doing.

Progress reports are due this Friday. As in students are taking them home this Friday. Which means I'm being bombarded by questions from students about where they currently stand. And what they can do to improve their grade. In just a few short days. Seriously? How about doing all of the required work when it is first assigned? Now I just need to get my pile of papers graded.... arguments can be made that grading is the worse part of teaching....


Why can't students simply read their textbooks like you ask them to? My sophomore AP students are driving me bonkers! Typically test grades improve as the year goes on because students start to realize that they can't simply rely on lectures and powerpoints to gain knowledge for their tests. However, this bunch of kids doesn't seem to understand that. They think that if they keep doing what they are doing they'll miraculously get different results.

We're hosting a casual housewarming party at our new place this weekend. The only problem? Our house still looks empty and like a bomb exploded all at the same time. The hubby and I have made a to-do list of everything that needs to be done. We've decided to focus on one room in the house each night, and we can't go to bed until it's finished. We'll see if our plan works. If not, people might be eating BBQ off of unpacked moving boxes Saturday....

Tomorrow is our third wedding anniversary. We don't have anything special planned. Dan already got his gift (a new grill) a few weeks ago. And he surprised me Monday with a massage. I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening at home cuddled up on the couch. After he hopefully gets off of work on time. And after we clean the designated room for the night. Then it's totally time for couch cuddles.

I feel like I'm in that weird in-between stage where I don't fit into most of my clothes, but I don't exactly have a baby bump. It's a little annoying. Went shopping last weekend to find some new clothes, and found plenty of shirts to work through the winter, but no pants. Do you know how hard it is to dress for cooler weather when all you have is two pairs of jeans and a bunch of skirts? Maybe I should just invest in some tights/leggings.


I swear my cats are like children. They whine when you don't pay attention to them. They will practically jump in front of your face to make you pay attention to them. They don't always seem to remember the proper way to go potty on their own. They make a mess when they eat. And heaven forbid you try to have a conversation on the phone without them all up in your business, nuzzling the phone in your hand, and meowing when you don't acknowledge them.

I'm starting to get hungry. I ate a snack after grocery shopping this afternoon and thought I'd wait for the hubby to get home from work before making something for dinner. I know we had planned on eating separately - thanks to his schedule we're never quite sure what time he'll be home. Well, he just called to say that he's on his way home (90 minutes after he's suppose to be off of work) and told me that their last call was at Pizza Hut, and they were given free pizza while there, so he's already eaten. Guess I need to start thinking about what I'm going to make for myself tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...