Monday, January 6, 2014

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies

I'm not one who normally watches the Food Network, but I've fallen in love with this show called The Pioneer Woman. Maybe you've heard of it? Or maybe you've read her blog? Anyways, what I love about her recipes are that they require common ingredients, are simple to follow, and are really tasty!

The other day I was watching her show and she made these tiny little peanut butter cookies with Reese cups plopped on top of them. I knew my chocolate and peanut butter loving husband would drool over them. The only problem? I didn't own a mini muffin pan which was required for the cookies. Then, miraculously, I was gifted two pans for Christmas. (Hmm.... I wonder if the gifter had an ulterior  motive?) And since the recipe only required 2 ingredients, it was easy to add them to our shopping list and wouldn't break the bank - especially when I picked up the chocolates in the 50% off Christmas section.

I'm not going to go into how to make the cookies (you can head over to Ree's blog for the recipe), but I still wanted to share photos of making them.





That's a lot of wrappers!



The photos were taken when I made the second batch. I think the first batch turned out much better, although I'm not sure what I did different. The second batch didn't come out as soft as the first - maybe I left them in too long? I may have cut the slices too thin too, which effects the puffiness of the cookies. 

Softness and puffiness aside, they were still delicious! We made this batch to take to our friends house to watch the Fiesta Bowl (Go Knights!!) and made an extra batch to leave with them for a certain someone's birthday (my friend's husband is as much a peanut butter and chocolate lover as my husband!). It was a big hit! Definitely think this is going to become a go-to recipe.


Have you tried any new recipes out lately? Did you find them through Pinterest (where I typically find mine) or on TV? I love finding new recipes to test out!

1 comment:

  1. I tried this recipe for pork hops last night for dinner. I wasn't impressed with how they turned out....http://habee.hubpages.com/hub/Pork-Chop-Recipes-Oven-Fried-Pork-Chops

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...