Thursday, May 16, 2013

Testing Encouragement

Yesterday my AP students took their national exam. The poor things had to wake up crazy early (compared to their "normal") and be at school 2 hours before the rest of their peers. I made sure that they all had something to eat before their test - donut holes, bananas, granola bars. Nothing special, but at least I knew they all has something in their stomachs. Along with the small breakfast snacks, I bought each of them water so they'd have it during their test.

I also wanted to do something cute and encouraging, like the elementary teachers do. Hey, us high school teachers can get crafty and creative too! Granted, I needed the help of Pinterest to come up with something. Originally I thought I would do this, or even this, but decided that it would cost too much to buy enough candy for every kid. Then, I saw that blow pops were pretty cheap. Then this pin popped in my head. Another quick search on Pinterest once I got home, and I came across this water bottle label template.

This is the finished product:


Dan helped with the assembly line process - I taped the strips on the bottles and he added the lollipops. Cruz even got in on the action...


What I failed to think about was how I was going to take 20+ bottles of water downstairs, load them in my car, and take them into the cafeteria the next morning. It's not like I could put them all back in the packaging. Then Dan came up with the idea to load them all into one of our laundry baskets. Cruz thought that was a grand idea...



The kids thought the bottles were fun. Well, the kids who were at least semi-awake when they showed up. The rest of them seem to appreciate it after they were done with the test...around lunch time. They seem cautiously optimistic about their results. But we won't know how well or poor they did until July. Every year I think the worse... and every year I've been surprised. But I'm really not too positive this year. So, fingers crossed my kids did better than last year's group....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...